St Mary’s Junior School – A place to learn, respect each other, build friendships and trust in God.
Our Mission Statement – written by the children, staff, governors and parents.
The Aims of the School
St. Mary’s Junior School aims to promote the development of the whole child and an enjoyment of learning for life. We aim for our children to:
- Have high self-esteem, a sense of self discipline and, whilst celebrating our Christian faith, respect for others’ religious views, moral values, ethnic backgrounds and ways of life.
- Have enquiring minds and be highly motivated learners
- Be able to work independently and in co-operation with others
- Be flexible and adaptable, developing the skills and understanding to meet the needs of a rapidly changing modern world
Our children work together to achieve these aims:
(written by the children in September 2009)
- A quiet place where we help and encourage each other to learn and to do our best.
- A clean and tidy environment where we feel safe.
- A place where we all feel good about ourselves, proud of our achievements and excited about learning.
- A place where we are kind and caring, polite and friendly.
- A place where we celebrate our differences and have mutual respect.